About Payment and Delivery
- The price of La Planchetta already includes delivery to all continental US with no additional cost.
- We trust our delivery to Fedex, which usually takes 1 to 5 business days to deliver La Planchetta to your front door.
- When you purchase La Planchetta, you will receive an email with a Fedex tracking number, so you should be able to follow its way home.
- For payments we accept credit and debot cards, and trust it to Shopify, one of the most important and safest e-comerce companies of the world. We also accept PayPal and iPay.
Contacting La Planchetta
- You can contact us via a post, or a private message, in our Fan Page in Facebook
- We have very helpful assistants who answer all messages, in an average time of 5 min.
- If you enjoyed La Planchetta, we invite you to leave a review in our FB fan page too
How to season La Planchetta before the first usage?
- Clean the whole surface with a paper towel and put the Planchetta on the stove.
- High heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and wait for the Planchetta to cool.
- Take it off the stove and put it on a heat resistant surface.
- Pour on a little bit of oil on the surface and distribute it with a paper towel.
- Put the Planchetta back on the stove, heat for a few seconds and clean it with a paper towel.
- Your Planchetta is ready to be enjoyed with friends and family. Bon appetite!
How to clean it
- After using it, scrape any leftovers with a spatula or wash it directly with hot water, detergent and a regular kitchen sponge.
- You can use a stainless steel spatula.
- We advise that you pour a glass of water right after finishing cooking to soften any leftovers.
- Wipe thoroughly after each use. It is better to store it slightly oiled.
Which material is it made of?
- The Planchetta is made of 2.5 mm hot rolled iron.
Is it non-stick?
- After seasoning, the iron surface adquires a coverage layer with non-stick properties that get better with use. To keep the non-stick properties, it is a good idea to use always some oil (which will improve the coverage).
- If the coverage layer falls appart (for example because of extreme temperature), you can always remove it and season La Planchetta again.
Can I use it on glass top stoves?
Because the heat is transmitted by contact, the heating transmission from the surface to La Planchetta may be uneven, generating hot spots, which may result on bending because of high heat on a few points.
- If you still plan to use La Planchetta on a glass top stove, the temperature should be set the lowest possible, and a heat diffuser may help to improve the heat transmission (it should be one designed for glastop, not for gas)
Can I cook eggs on La Planchetta?
You should be able to cook eggs perfectly with La Planchetta. Just need to follow some few tips
Make sure the seasoning is in good condition, since it is what makes La Planchetta non stick.
Use some oil and preheat La Planchetta for a few minutes with low/medium heat.
I don't live in USA, can I purchase one?
- If you live in Argentina, you can purchase your Planchetta in www.laplanchetta.com
- If you live in Mexico, you can purchase it in La Planchetta Mexico